Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Fools Joke?

Oh, my.. April is almost over and I haven't posted my 'first'.  What was the 'Something' I have never done before?  My new experience for April was my first day of Farmer's Market, April 2nd. Truly an event to be remembered and I thought perhaps this was some delayed April Fools joke, not unlike an initiation into a secret club.

The rain poured down, the wind blew... I forgot my hat....... there was hail. I forgot my banner.  My tent blew away and my carefully prepared signs and papers were soaking wet. I went through 4 pairs of gloves, wore leg warmers, longjohns, turtleneck and vest with snow pants.  I had to change rain gear twice and fortunately I had brought 2 sets.  I was never so cold in my life............   But I had a marvelous time! 

It was a day to reconnect with former customers and friends and I actually sold a few plants. Determined gardeners are a hardy bunch!  If I had sold just one plant with the weather the way it was I would have been happy. Needless to say, starting out the season this way, I have only one way to go and that is UP.  But my first day will be etched in my memory forever, but unlike many 'firsts', I have no desire to repeat the experience. Today is the last Saturday and the last day of April. The forecast is for the sun to shine and the temperatures to actually reach 60 degrees.  Maybe I will finally get to wear my apron!  Although last Satruday was quite nice......... I forgot my apron.


The SECOND week of Farmers Market.  I survived the first week to return and set up shop once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment